An downloadable 4-part arrangement of J. S. Bach’s Cantata 140, Wachet Auf (Wake, Awake for Night is Flying) by Steve Eulberg in the key of D for Dulcimer Orchestra. This arrangement is for players with more advanced playing skills, requiring use of chromatic notes on the hammered dulcimer and a lot of cross-string playing in the high frets of the mountain dulcimer.
Standard Notation AND Mountain Dulcimer tablature for a Quartet of Standard Dulcimers (pdf files* for Score and each part),
Can also be played by Hammered Dulcimers.
1. Bach Wachet Auf Dulcimer Quartet (score) DAd tuning
2. Read Wachet Auf Quartet Dulcimer Orchestra
3. Mountain Dulcimer 1-linear
4. Mountain Dulcimer 1 (fewer Frets)
5. Mountain Dulcimer 2
6. Mountain Dulcimer 2 for Baritone in AEa tuning
7. Hammered Dulcimer 1
8. Hammered Dulcimer 2
Sound Files (mp3s):
1. Wachet Auf Quartet Click Counting
2. Wachet Auf Quartet Click No counting
3. Wachet Auf Quartet Hammered Dulcimer 1
4. Wachet Auf Quartet Hammered Dulcimer 2
5. Wachet Auf Quartet Mountain Dulcimer 1
6. Wachet Auf Quartet Mountain Dulcimer 2
1) mp3** sound files of both kinds of duets,
2) mp3 sound files of each part played louder than the others, to help guide learning.
3) mp3 sound files in “karaoke-style” with each part missing, to be supplied by a player who wishes to practice and provide his or her part, or who lives far away from other dulcimer players.
*pdfs require Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download from www.adobe.com
**mp3 files can be played on an mp3 player such as iTunes or others.
This music is different from that often played on the dulcimer, but is accessible to players of all abilities!
Debuted in performance by The Colorado Dulcimer Orchestra at the 10th Colorado Dulcimer Festival, February 2012.
How can I use this with my group of dulcimer-playing friends?
A) If you have purchased the CD-ROM or this download you have also purchased permission to make the copies you need to play with your ensemble.
B) If you are in possession of physical copies, but you haven’t purchased the CD-ROM and want to make copies to play with your friends, please respect the following:
In order to honor the work that goes into creating these arrangements, I respectfully request that if you’d like to make copies for your friends, please send me $1 per copy that you make.
If you wish to purchase additional copies, please send payment via Paypal to: steve (at) owlmountainmusic.com
I would like to purchase a Mechanical License to make a recording of my group playing this arrangement. Please contact steve (at) owlmountainmusic.com to arrange this.